Ajijic is the village with the most citizens of foreign origin around the Lake of Chapala. Ajijic is located north of the lake about 7 kilometers west of Chapala. As Ajijic is still a village with less than 20,000 inhabitants, it is a quite place preserving a little bit of the authentic Mexican atmosphere and some people of indigenous origin are as well still living in Ajijic. Getting from Ajijic to Chapala or Guadalajara is easy, as the bus system works very well. Many retired U.S. citizens live around Ajijic, their community is constructive and supports culture and education in the village. Besides the village itself several nearby developments like Upper Ajijic, Upper and Lower La Floresta and Villa Nova offer interesting opportunities for investment or vacation purposes.
Ajijic Travel and more
- Latitude: 20.3
- Longitude: -103.2833333
- Nearby: San Antonio Tlayacapan to the east and San Juan Cosala to the west.
- How to get there: Through the Highway from Chapala
- Airport: Next international airport is the Guadalajara airport (GDL) about 50 km to the north.
- Population: 18.000
- Accommodation: Hotels, vacation rentals by owner.
- Transport: Taxi and Bus transport or car rentals.
More Ajijic Links
- Ajijic Vacation Rental Home
- Looking for the perfect Ajijic Vacation Rental Home? Casa Preciosa half a block from Lake Chapala, in the heart of the most desirable area of Ajijic. Easy walking distance to everything. Private, secure, unbeatable central Ajijic village location on private street. Ideal for 1 or 2 couples. Owners are full time Ajijic residents. Short Term Ajijic Vacation Rentals the only way to stay during your Lake Chapala, Mexico visit. The best Ajijic vacation stay is Casa Preciosa.
- Ajijic Real Estate
- The web site features real estate offers and additional information for the investor or retiree. With many pictures and help for immigrants it is one of the most interesting Ajijic related sites in the internet.
- Lake Chapala Real Estate
- Lake Chapala Real Estate, Lake Chapala Houses for Sale, Lake chapala homes for sale, lake chapala architecture and lake chapala architects.
Submit Ajijic sites
If You own a Ajijic related site please suggest the site to be added to the Ajijic directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Ajijic photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.