Chapala is the largest community around the Lake of Chapala with about 40,000 citizens. The town provides all services and features a variety of attractions for the traveler and the inhabitant. Besides the main village, Chapala features some nearby developments most of them are populated by foreigners. Mostly U.S. and Canadian retirees make a home around Chapala. Chapala is located about 40 kilometers south of the Guadalajara International Airport and can be reached easily in one hour by car. Just a few kilometers to the west the villages Ajijic and Jacotepec are located.
Chapala Travel and more
- Nearby: San Antonio Tlayacapan to the west and nearby developments and suburbs are Brisas de Chapala, Riberas, Mirasol, Las Redes, Chapala Haciendas and Vista del Lago.
- How to get there: Through the highway from Guadalajara.
- Airport: Next international airport is the Guadalajara airport (GDL) about 40 km to the north.
- Population: 40,000
- Accommodation: Hotels, vacation rentals by owner.
- Services: All services including supermarkets and banks and real estate companies.
- Transport: Taxi and bus transport or car rentals.
Submit Chapala sites
If You own a Chapala related site please suggest the site to be added to the Chapala directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Chapala photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.