Mismaloya is located south of Puerto Vallarta inside the Banderas Bay. Mismaloya and its surrounding lush tropical jungle vegetation had been selected in the 1960 by Hollywood director John Huston as the perfect place for his movie The night of the Iguana. Since then the Banderas Bay became famous as several Hollywood stars and the stories about them and their relationships, and finally the marriage between Liz Taylor and Richard Burton in Puerto Vallarta, made the Banderas Bay, Mismaloya and Puerto Vallarta interesting for travelers. Later other movies, like the movie Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Acapulco Heat were filmed there. Today Mismaloya features a wide range of upper class hotels and vacation rentals away from the crowded city of Puerto Vallarta.
Mismaloya Travel and more
- Nearby: Puerto Vallarta, Yelapa, Boca de Tomatlan
- How to get there: Coastal highway Mex 200
- Airport: Next international airport is the nearby Puerto Vallarta airport (PVR).
- Accommodation: Upper class hotels, vacation rentals by owner.
- Services: Most services are available as Mismaloya is a small town.
- Nightlife and dining: Restaurants feature Mexican and international cuisine, for nightlife travelers go to the nearby Puerto Vallarta.
- Transport: Taxi and Bus transport.
- Tours and activities: Fishing, sport fishing, scuba diving, canopy, hiking, snorkeling, surfing, biking, sunset cruises, yacht and boat charter and excursions and much more.
- Sightseeing: John Huston Museum ( through a tour only ), canopy El Eden visiting the Predator movie set, Las Peñas tours, Zoo, Botanical Gardens
More Mismaloya Links
- Marina Mismaloya - Discovery vallarta
- Discovery Vallarta offers tours and activities around the Banderas Bay. The web site features a short chapter about Mismaloya.
Submit Mismaloya sites
If You own a Mismaloya related site please suggest the site to be added to the Mismaloya directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Mismaloya photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.