Puerto Vallarta, the most visited travel destination at the Mexican Pacific Coast in the state of Jalisco, is not only the largest city in the Banderas Bay area, but also the regional cultural center providing all modern travel related services from luxury beach front resorts and small city hotels, vacation rentals and luxury villas to a wide range of activities and tours, like whale watching, canopy, or excursions to discover the Mexican culture and lifestyle. Shopping and nightlife in Puerto Vallarta combined with excellent art galleries and cultural presentations make the stay there interesting and unforgettable. As Puerto Vallarta is famous for its unique location and its history, about 10.000 people from the U.S. and Canada settled there, many real estate agencies provide excellent services as well.
Puerto Vallarta Travel and more
- Latitude: 20.6166667
- Longitude: -105.25
- Nearby: Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerias, Mismaloya, Yelapa
- How to get there: Coastal highway Mex 200
- Airport: Next international airport is Puerto Vallarta airport (PVR).
- Population: 250,000
- Beaches: About 15 different beaches around, the most interesting at Down Town is Playa de Los Muertos. Recomendable are Las Animas, Quimixto, Conchas Chinas, the Zona Hotelera and the Marina beaches.
- Accommodation: About 150 hotels, luxury resorts, boutique hotels and bungalows and numerous vacation rentals and casitas by owner.
- Services: All services are available including about 10 national and international hospitals, 30 real estate agencies, universities, schools, 1000 and more shops, supermarkets.
- Nightlife and dining: 250 restaurants feature Mexican and international cuisine, from Italian to Japanese and from German to Brazilian or French haute cuisine. About 200 bars, music clubs and some discotheques are available.
- Transport: Car Rental, Taxi and Bus transport.
- Tours and activities: All kind of activity is offered in Puerto Vallarta, within many others fishing, canopy, sport fishing, hiking, snorkeling, surfing, biking, sunset cruises, yacht and boat charter, excursions to haciendas, zoo, botanical garden, night shows, pirate ship tours, whale watching, swimming with dolphins and more.
- Sightseeing: El Malecon, Isla Rio Cuale, Museum Rio Cuale, Naval Museum, cathedral Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe, earth pyramids close to Ixtapa, whale watching, sea turtle camps, Huichol art, Marietta Islands biosphere reserve, Casa Kimberley, Downtown, Romantic Zone and much more.
More Puerto Vallarta Links
- The guide provided by puertovallarta.net is one of the oldest and most informative city guides. But some information is missing as the site is very commercial.
- Bucerias Real Estate Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Real estate service in Puerto Vallarta and Bucerias including Nuevo Vallarta
Submit Puerto Vallarta sites
If You own a Puerto Vallarta related site please suggest the site to be added to the Puerto Vallarta directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Puerto Vallarta photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Puerto Vallarta Photos
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.