The Costa Alegre offers besides the well known locations like Careyes to the north and Melaque to the south some unique beaches with small settlements, where the traveler can enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of a Mexican paradise beach without getting to close to over crowded places. Tenacatita is just about 9 kilometers from the highway Mex 200, south of the river Rio Cuitzmala and features some small hotels as well as vacation rentals and a hand full of bungalows. An economic RV Park is nearby, and the west end of the beach features some restaurants and services as well. Tenacatita is located between the villages La Manzanilla and Careyito, south of Careyes.
Tenacatita Travel and more
- Latitude: 19.2833333
- Longitude: -104.7833333
- Nearby: Careyes, Careyito, La Manzanilla, El Tamarindo, Melaque
- How to get there: Coastal highway Mex 200, milestone 33
- Airport: Next international airport is the nearby Manzanillo airport or the Puerto Vallarta airport (PVR).
- Population: hundreds
- Beaches: Playa Tenacatita, Playa Mora, Playa Boca
- Accommodation: A few hotels, bungalows, vacation rentals by owners and RV trailer park.
- Services: Very few services.
- Nightlife and dining: A handful of restaurants feature Mexican cuisine, seafood plates are perfect.
- Transport: Taxi and bus transport. Taxi 500 pesos to Melaque, bus about 25 pesos.
- Tours and activities: Fishing, hiking, snorkeling, surfing.
Submit Tenacatita sites
If You own a Tenacatita related site please suggest the site to be added to the Tenacatita directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Tenacatita photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.