Tequila municipality and Tequila city are one of the most important cultural attractions in Jalisco. Due to its rich culture and history, the Unesco inscribed an area of about 35,000 ha on the World Heritage List. This World Heritage Site includes the municipalities capital Tequila as well as the blue agave fields ( about 60 Kilometers west of Guadalajara ) and smaller towns and villages featuring distilleries and taverns related to the historic Tequila industry. One of the most interesting locations in this area, are the ancient ruins at Teuchitlán where one of world wide few round stone pyramids can be observed, the Guachimontones. The best time to visit Tequila, which offers accommodation as well as many attractions and services for tourists, is from end of November to mid of December, as through this 2 weeks the National Tequila Fair is organized.
Tequila Travel and more
- Nearby: Arenal, Amatitlán, Teuchitlán, Guadalajara 50 km
- How to get there: Highway from Guadalajara
- Airport: Next international airport is Guadalajara airport (GDL).
- Population: 25,000
- Accommodation: Hotels, bungalows, vacation rentals.
- Services: As Tequila is a city, all services are available.
- Nightlife and dining: Restaurants and bars specializing on local food and drinks, mostly based on Tequila.
- Transport: Taxi, bus, car rentals, Tequila Express (train from Guadalajara to Tequila, book in advance !!)
- Tours and sightseeing: Distillerie tours, National Tequila Museum (Museo Nacional de Tequila), Barraca de Tequila, Landscape (World Heritage Site), Tequila Express, Guachimontones at nearby municipality of Teuchitlán.
More Tequila Links
- Tequila, Jalisco (oficial site)
- The oficial website of the Tequila government provides all related information about history, tourism and attractions in both, Spanish and English language.
Submit Tequila sites
If You own a Tequila related site please suggest the site to be added to the Tequila directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Tequila photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.