Yelapa is located close to Puerto Vallarta, a few minutes away from the village Mismaloya. Yelapa is a unique beach front village, accessible only by boat. Electricity and telephone is available since a few years, water taxis to Yelapa are scheduled several times a day. This magnificent retreat features nice beaches as well as lush jungle vegetation around. The typical houses are palapas, normal rooms and a luxury hotel are located in Yelapa as well. The area, together with the nearby beaches of Las Animas and Quimixto, is visited by activity tour companies, starting from Puerto Vallarta. People enjoy snorkeling, swimming, diving or hanging around at the nice and tranquil beach restaurants.
Yelapa Travel and more
- Latitude: 20.4833 Lat (DMS): 20° 28' 60N
- Longitude: -105.4333 Long (DMS): 105° 25' 60W
- Nearby: Mismaloya, Puerto Vallarta
- How to get there: Coastal highway Mex 200, from Mismaloya, Boca de Tomatlan or Puerto Vallarta by boat or water taxi.
- Airport: Next international airport is the Puerto Vallarta airport (PVR).
- Population: 1000
- Beaches: Playa Yelapa
- Accommodation: Hotels, bungalows, privately owned vacation rentals and palapas.
- Services: Internet, very few shops and galleries.
- Nightlife and dining: Very few restaurants, one place to dance.
- Transport: Watertaxi.
- Tours and activities: Fishing, sport fishing, hiking, snorkeling, surfing, yoga, language and art classes, diving, birding and excursions within others.
More Yelapa Links
- Yelapa Info
- A complete guide to Yelapa and surrounding areas, featuring many information and help for travelers. The guide is very commercial but worth a view.
Submit Yelapa sites
If You own a Yelapa related site please suggest the site to be added to the Yelapa directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Yelapa photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.