Chacala is located in one of the most beautyful bays at the Riviera Nayarit. The small village was until the invasion of US expats a quite Mexican fishers village. Many foreigners, including many teachers, settled there, often telling to help the poor. But the real reason is the incredible beauty of this place and the cheap land at the beachfront which could be found about 30 years ago. Today the community consists of Mexican people which are still poor and the expats which are occupying the beachfront areas. How ever, the place is worth a visit due to its unique flora and fauna as well as an interesting ancient ceremonial center nearby. While many of the foreign home owners rent their vacation homes, there are as well some bungalows (Buena Vista Bungalows), an luxury eco retreat (Mar de Jade) nearby and some luxury developments available. Chacala can be reached through the highway Mex 200 within an hour from the Puerto Vallarta International airport located in the state of Jalisco.
Chacala Travel and more
- Longitude: -105.226111
- Latitude: 21.166389
- Nearby: La Peñita de Jaltemba , San Blas and villages like Platanitos. Tepic is the states capital and about 70 km to the northeast.
- How to get there: Through highway Mex 15 from Tepic or highway Mex 200 from Rincon de Guayabitos in the south.
- Airport: Puerto Vallarta airport 100 kilometers to the south in Jalisco and the smaller national airport of Tepic (TPQ).
- Population: about 150 Mexican people and up to 1000 travelers.
- Accommodation: A few hotels, RV Parks, bungalows and apartments, nearby eco retreats, rental homes.
- Services: Some services are available.
- Nightlife and dining: Restaurants.
- Transport: Car rental, taxi and cheap bus transport.
- Tours and activities: Sailing, fishing, surfing, excursions, hiking and others.
- Sightseeing: Nearby ceremonial center with ancient petroglyphs engraved in huge stones. Fauna and Flora.
Submit Chacala sites
If You own a Chacala related site please suggest the site to be added to the Chacala directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Chacala photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.