San Blas is located at the northern end of the so called Riviera Nayarit. The town is a real Mexican town and exists since hundreds of years now. In and around San Blas are no developments for mass tourism but some houses for rent as well as smaller hotels including one luxury hotel are vailable. Puerto San Blas is very well known for the fine surfing conditions and for the surrounding mangrove forrests. Due to its location between the two estauries El Pozo and El Rey, fishing is the most important economic factor. For eco tourism San Blas is a perfect place, many offers for travelers invite to learn about flora and fauna. San Blas is about 2 hours north of Puerto Vallarta airport and the capital of the state of Nayarit, Tepic is about 40 km landinwards to the east.
San Blas Travel and more
- Locations close to San Blas: Tuxpan and Tepic and villages like Jalcocotan, Santa Cruz, La Palma or Los Cocos to the south.Mexcaltitan is a beautyful island to the north.
- How to get there: Through highway Mex 15 and then Mex 54.
- Airport: Puerto Vallarta airport 100 kilometers to the south in Jalisco.
- Population: 12,000 inhabitants
- Accommodation: A few hotels, RV Parks, bungalows and apartments, nearby eco retreats, rental homes.
- Services: Most services are available, including real estate and numerous tours and excursions for travelers.
- Nightlife and dining: Restaurants and some opportunitz for dancing, several festivals and fiestas.
- Transport: Car rental, taxi and cheap bus transport.
- Tours and activities: Fishing, surfing, excursions, birsing, hiking, whale watching and others.
- Sightseeing: Natural impressions like the mangrove forrests and numerous species as well as some historic buildings and classic Mexican architecture.
Submit San Blas sites
If You own a San Blas related site please suggest the site to be added to the San Blas directory. Your travelogues, Articles and San Blas photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
San Blas Photos
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.