Tepic is with more than 300.000 residents the largest city of the state of Nayarit. Founded in 1542 by Spanish colonists, Tepic features some historical buildings like the 16th century building of the states ministry of tourism, named temple of the Cruz de Zacate which originally was a Franciscan convent. Other buildings of the 18th or 19th century are still in use and well conserved. Tepic as capital of Nayarit offers many information on regional culture and history through a handful of interesting museums. The landscape around Tepic invites to visit the Crater Lake of the Vulcan Sanganguey as well as the rivers Rio Tepic and Rio Mololoa featuring an interesting population of local bird species and regional flora. Tepic and the surrounding areas depend basically on agriculture and some of the products are sugar, tobacco, corn, vegetables and fruits. Highways to the Riviera Nayarit and the city of Guadalajara in Jalisco make Tepic easily accessible. The local airport Tepic (TPQ) is actually used as national airport, but a extension for international air traffic is planned.
Tepic Travel and more
- Nearby: Compostela and San Blas
- How to get there: Coastal highway Mex 200 and highway Mex 15D
- Airport: Next international airports are Puerto Vallarta airport (PVR) or Guadalajara airport (GDL) and a local national airport of Tepic (TPQ) as well is available.
- Population: 300,000
- Accommodation: Hotels and vacation rentals as well as apartments.
- Services: All services are available including hospitals, real estate agencies, universities, schools, shops, supermarkets.
- Nightlife and dining: Many restaurants feature Mexican and international cuisine, bars and music clubs and some discotheques are available.
- Transport: Car Rental, Taxi and Bus transport, aircraft.
- Tours and activities: Sightseeing tours in the city as well as guided excursions to the nearby volcan and other natural attractions.
- Sightseeing: Casa de Cultura featuring murals by artist José Meza, Amado Nervo Museum, Museum of anthropology featuring archeological exhibits of regional indigenous tribes like the Huichol, Purisima Concepcion de Maria cathedral, Cautro Pueblos Museum, Palacio de Gobierno.
Submit Tepic sites
If You own a Tepic related site please suggest the site to be added to the Tepic directory. Your travelogues, Articles and Tepic photos are welcome, please submit them by email.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.